Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Why Would I Get Married?




Hmm... that's a good question. I'll have to do a pro/con/compare to see if I can answer that one.

PRO: My Parents are happily married, and so were my Grandparent - why break the chain? Marriage is the right thing to do. Children need both parents in the household. And... (help me out here)...

CON: Those two pictures up top. Hot grits. Human nature. Bobbit. That show "Cheaters", TMZ, wifey's girlfriends (armed with camera phones), wifey's parents (who'll never like you), your ex who'll never let go, HALF!!, bad ass stepkids who's favorite words are "you ain't my daddy"... Really, I could go on and on (no need to help me out here)...

I could be wrong, but I don't think marriage is in the cards for me. Like drugs, once you reach a certain age and you haven't tried it yet, you lose all curiousity in indulging. I look around today and I see the holy unions of my peers dropping like the Twin Towers. I heard that over 50% of marriages end in divorce, nowadays. Hell, they even have a reality show on TV about it (Divorce Court). But to keep it fair and balanced, I see a lot of beautiful marriages all around me, too. Healthy, faithful, respectful and strong unions where the man is truly best friends with the woman (my Parents).

I'm hoping that this isn't a new trend, but it's starting to look like the wifeys and the jump-offs are turning all Black Widow on the brothers. Dudes are waking up dead. To quote Combat Jack in one of his recent posts, "What part of the game is this?"

SMH...
J7



1 comment:

Vee (Scratch) said...

What part of the game is this?!?
I'm a newly wed so . . . so far so good. I grew up with both parents together with little to no crazy marital strife, old school style like your parents and grandparents. My wife parents more are happily married so she grew up with a great example.

Nowadays? The game has changed for real. I definitely understand why many marriages fail or why some men and women avoid it all together. I know one couple that was together for 3-5 years, got married the divorced 2-3 months later. She tried to change him. Of course there are more war stories, I just hope people understand that family court does not play at all. Men BETTER have their paper work thoroughly tight . . . either way depending on the state they live in, they may still LOSE.

Waking up dead, definitely sucks. Some cats just got to remember it is far cheaper to keep her.

hilarious post.